Sunday, November 2, 2008

Diggin the rain today

It really poured today. Andy and I went to church and listened to an incredible sermon. It was so fun and really inspiring. I love our church!

Afterwards, Andy and I walked down to the Tacoma Art Museum and checked out a "Day of the Dead" festival. It was really neat to check out all of the items and decorations that people would put together to honor their family members! I really liked the cool alters that pay tribute to the life and interests of their loved ones. I thought about mom and dad, and my brother and sisters, and what kind of things would be on their alters. (whoa-not in a morbid way. I just think it would be neat to honor the cool things about them). That would be SO fun to put together all the "stuff" that makes you you!

We walked back a few blocks to our car and were completely drenched (not a good look for me). Tons of leaves were stuck to the road and there was water everywhere. I love it like that. Great sermon, spooky art, and a lot of rain. We are really thankful for our lives and our loved ones today.

1 comment:

CKTC*SBIB said...

Boy, I sure do miss you guys and am so pleased that your hearts are full of love and unfettered. Knowing that you are living a beautiful life wherever you are makes me honored to be serving a country that allows you to do so.

My heart holds you so dear. I love you both and think of you often. God bless you today.