Monday, October 20, 2008

my job is the coolest

I get to work with 9 kids that have severe disabilities. They make my life so fun. I've been teaching them for the past 2 months. I'm learning that we all have quite a bit in common. Each one of them laughs really hard (even when it's not that funny), struggles every day, and are OCD (clinically) when it comes to picking things on their body. JUST LIKE ME! After spending so much time with a group of kids like this, you kind of start to....love them. I'm pretty certain that God has gracefully given me the coolest job ever.

....if you ever want to teach a lesson (could be on anything. really. anything. it's all new to them). Please tell me. You will be welcomed by nine of the most humorous, hyper, forgiving kids you'll ever meet. For example: Heath came in and taught them to identify some plants. They were thrilled. She took them on a nature walk, where they could identify some plants on their own. You would of thought they were in Disney world...and Heath was Mickey Mouse. They loved her, and now, are also in love with sword ferns (thanks, Heath).

3 comments:

Sara said...

Woo hoo! I'm the first to leave a comment! :)

Anyways, love the blog and loved reading about the daily things of your lives. We miss you guys.

Well, Ty has to go potty, so I better go. (Betcha won't hear that too often on your comment section ;) Thanks for starting this and I'll be checking OFTEN!

Love you guys...S

GGST22+ said...

What a great way to keep in touch as family and friends keep growing!
Great pictures and interesting comments. Good that you are well settled in a place of interest and in careers well suited to both of you. Remember to count your blessings and brighten the corner where you are! Love from GGST22+.

Ashley Kostjuk said...

Oh, how do I wish my sweet Reesie would have you everyday. You make me smile as I read your words on this post as it hits home for me. You are missed and I hope to see you soon.
hugs and kisses from valencia.
Love,
Ashley, Todd, Gavin, Lexi and Reesie