Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SNOW


I drove home from school yesterday right as the "Northwest Blizzard" hit Auburn. It was pretty scary, but no match for our Subaru. It handled the ice like nobody's business.


And when I came home, I saw Andy shoveling snow off our driveway, in a particularly perky mood (he got to leave work super early due to snow). And, even better, when I got inside, Andy had the place warm and sparkling. It was almost dreamlike. It was super clean, it was SO warm, the candles were lit (with my favorite new scent, peppermint), the fire was going, and I was one happy camper to be home safe and sound.

Later that night, I got the best news: School is cancelled. To me, hearing that kind of news is right up there with "you can have my pre-pregnancy clothes" or "you got birthday money in the mail". Yeah, it's a big deal.
So, we slept in this morning and made waffles. Then we hiked up to Starbucks and drank pumpkin spice americanos.


And, I've spent the rest of the morning mostly in this position:





4 comments:

Jen said...

YEAH FOR SNOW DAYS!!!! I can't believe you guys got so much snow! Your morning sounds glorious! Enjoy the rest of your day!

I Wanna Be A Kpop Star said...

wow... this makes me ALMOST like snow! ;)

em said...

Hah! I will send you pictures of our snow. I wish we got a snow day! It's been snowing on and off here for several days. On our way home from work today, the thermometer read -10 degrees, and we're supposed to get more snow. Unfortunately, living in a mountain town = school or bust. We are off from now until Monday for Thanksgiving break, so I'm going to read Dominic your post and see if the house ends up sparkling clean and peppermint scented tomorrow ;).

GGST22+ said...

So glad your Subaru performed so effectively! And coming home to a warm house... the very best! So nice to have an unexpected"winter"vacation
especially when it only lasts a few days. Nice that Starbuck's is walking distance from your house. Did you do the marathon?