Thursday, August 12, 2010

California Dreamin

Andy and I spent 9 sunny days in beautiful California! The days were hot and fun and included many of my most favorite things.


Our camp was hosted by two great campers:













Rock Sculpture/Kayak King Dean and Chef /Extreme Cliff Jumper Bonnie

Camping with them consists of a strenuous routine of

  • kayaking


  • sleeping (I did a lot of this, as you can tell)


  • chillaxin





  • rock sculpture building (surprisingly entertaining) with the Smith clan


  • and getting to spend good quality time with this handsome devil



Oh, and Cliff JUMPING!!!! Easy for Andy, not so easy for me. I have a small fear of heights.



And, as every new skill takes a few steps, here is a session of my Loon Lake Cliff Jumping Trials.





Trial #1





Trail #2





Trial #3 It's really long, so only watch if you are super bored. (Skip to around 2:40-since that's how long it took me to get the guts to to something so extremely scary)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=437394538544&ref=mf



Oh, and of course, Andy found it not so difficult.






Easy peasy.

The trip was a blast. From a clam chowder bowl in San Francisco to an In and Out Burger in Placerville, I was filled with good times with my cool California family and sun tanned with that unbeatable California sun. Another great California vaca :)



2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey Meg,

This is your cousin Kathryn. I enjoyed your post and it really made me miss CA, especially Northern CA. I had fun watching the videos and living life through you guys. I totally hope we get stationed out in central CA next. Take care.

Team Lane said...

what's a vaca? Kidding!! I'm really proud of you for confronting your wussiness and jumping off those cliffs. But I think more than jumping off high cliffs, you need to work on not pinching your nose with your fingers when you jump. I'm sure there are plenty of 3rd graders that can give you some hints about how they learned to stop doing it.