Sunday, January 11, 2009

"a-giddy-up" -Cosmo Kramer (Sienfeld)



It didn't take long for Andy and me to sink back into our regimented routine of life after all of the Christmas hubbub (that's right. hubbub) was over. I was kind of sad that the long mornings and late nights came to an end. I even complained about how dull things seem after all the traveling and fun things we got to do during the winter break.

Yesterday, Andy and I woke up, ate a huge breakfast and ran 8 miles together. We met our good friends, Tim and Sabrina, in Seattle for a great night of church, authentic Neopolitan pizza (with only the freshest ingredients shipped straight from Italy-wink, wink, T and S), and great conversation over coffee and dessert.

The whole day was a fun and exciting gift--just like Christmas. What a selfish, forgetful, lame-o idea to think that life is dull or that I don't have enough. If I can wake up with my great hubby and get out of a warm bed, it's Christmas. If me, my family or friends aren't sick, poor, or dying today, it's Christmas. I guess it really is a spirit that doesn't end January 1st. Everyday is Christmas.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Meg,

I loved what you wrote. Your effortless and endless optimism is inspiring!

Sounds like you had good food and great conversation...what a perfect evening!

And I agree, the lives we get to live, truly are like having Christmas every day. And in my case, today was ACTUALLY like Christmas, as I wore our totally awesome black shirt that we got at Christmas. That top is magical. ;)

We miss you both...and wish we could have kicked your booties in Spades just one more time... ;)

~Sara

Anonymous said...

I love your message. I look so forward to the holiday season and I am almost depressed when it is over. It would be great to treat every day like Christmas. We enjoyed hanging out with you guys so much. We had missed you and were reminded with how wonderful friends you guys are. We only wish we lived closer.

Have a great week,
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Our blog is....
http://www.xanga.com/srhetland